Dichotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dichotomy

Species at war

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A far corner of town

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

Number of posts : 34
Humor : Blended
Registration date : 2010-03-01

A far corner of town Empty
PostSubject: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:19 pm

"This'll do nicely," Said Safan to himself. He bent to the ground and placed his hand to the earth. A large hammer formed from the earth, and as he gripped it, his eyes shifted to a deep green. He lifted the hammer to his shoulders, and began to survey the earth.

"I think the underground spring goes right across here... No, here." and as he said this, he struck the ground, and a mound rose from the earth, the size of a small hill. "Its unfortunate that is so far from the center of town, the customer base will be smaller."

After that he set to the more refined task of shaping the hill into an earthy building. Mostly it took time and energy, and the feat slowly gathered an audience.
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:49 pm

"...and the marble will go there, and the spring will come through there, and that only leaves detail work!" Safan said with a feeling of accomplishment. The two story earthen building would hold to the test of time, at least for as long as he would ever need it. The second story would serve well as a home, and the first would be where he would house his business.

He was proud of the way that the underground stream surfaced above the shelves behind the bar, and ran down to feed back into the earth. He was glad there was enough stone to fashion chairs and tables, as dirt ones would leave the customers dirty after they sat.

He decided that stone wasn't a great material for sitting pieces though, because the stone would leave your bum sore if you sat there for as long as he could only hope his customers would want to stay. He decided there was money in the budget to get some bar stools at least, as those would be the brunt of the problem anyway. A trip to the carpenter was in order.

He was lucky that he had the skills to build, in a way, his own housing. If he didn't he would have needed much more money to open his first bar. As it was, he only had to buy more alcohol, as the rarities he collected were only for the the occasional drink. He would need beer, ale, and simple liquors to serve typical guests, and that meant finding the local distiller.

He slid a large stone into the doorway and proceeded to navigate the streets of Griof.

Last edited by safan on Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot a line)
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:49 pm

The distillery wasn't hard to find, there were several. It would be good to have some selection. However a carpenter turned out to be a little more difficult. He might have to get creative with magic to find a seating solution. He really hoped that wasn't the case though.

It was starting to get late, and he needed to work on lighting before the sun went down. He made it back to his new home, and stopped at a nearby fountain. He reached in, his eyes shifted to a deep blue, and he pulled out a large anchor. It was made of a dark metal, polished flat, and set with a large sapphire at the top.

Safan sighed. He knew that this was going to be exhausting. Manifesting water would be a little difficult in a place where little flowing water was present. Oh well, had to be done.

He had shaped the top into the rough shape of a fountain, and the spring fed in and out of it, but it would never fill it. He dragged moisture from nearly a mile around, and it was as tiring as he hoped it wouldn't be. After the fountain was filled, he was definitely ready for bed. The water would have to be blessed the next day, as he was too tired to do it after having to do the work of filling it himself.

After laying down, he began wondering what to name his little establishment. He thought back on all the wandering he had done, and what it took to come here. With humor, he decided that he would name it exactly what it was to him, and, he hoped, what it would be to many a thirsty customer.

Tomorrow, he decided, The Haven would open its doors to customers.
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 2:02 pm

After a good nights rest, Safan rose in the early morning to prepare the bar for customers. The distillery he had chosen was at least prompt, and several barrels of ale and mead were out front waiting for him. He had bought the stronger spirits by the bottle, as some of them might not sell well, and he was far from setting up a delivery regimen for something like that.

He decided that purchasing cushions for the seats, since he couldn't find a good place to buy new ones, was in order. He rolled the barrels inside, and locked up behind him as he headed out to find a store that could fashion cushions.
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:35 pm

The sun was going down when Safan had finished making purchases. This left a little time for finishing touches. The cushions could be put down, and then he would have to bless the fountain over The Haven. He had more than enough energy stored for it.

When he got back to the bar, he immediately started work. Cushions went down, the sign went up, and he was outside making chalk lines and what-have-you. Getting two different gods to work together was tough work, even when the gods agreed with each other. He had to get the sun and sea gods to work together. The result would be water that stored energy from the sun during the day, and returned it as light during the night.

The gods had conversed with him before, and agreed to help him for the normal exchange of energy. Today is good, he guessed, the gods weren't feeling fickle. After emptying his energy reserves in the exchange, the water sparkled, and he knew the deed was done.

It would surely be a spectacle after a day in the sun, but for now it just dimly glowed. He had hoped to bless it earlier, but it had slipped his mind. Tonight would be a lean night if there were any customers at all. He supposed carving a cellar would be a good way to spend the remainder of his time and energy for the day, and set to the task after aligning with the earth.

He got a stairway and a small amount of room carved out before hunger and exhaustion compelled him to call it a night. He prepared a meal of rice and fish, and turned in. He could hardly wait for the delayed opening the following day.
Back to top Go down
Nrel
New to the Game
Nrel

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 12:14 am

Nrel came following the signs of nature and her drain. Someone had been feeding off here energy to change her. This he did not like but would overlook if it wasn't harmful to the earth. He came upon a tavern near the edge of his walk. With the moon out and the late hour he decided he could use a place to rest.

As Nrel approached the entrance he noticed a spring. I need to refresh and i should sing to the plants for re-growth of what was lost. KNowing that it would cost him to help he prepared to rest so he would only keep what strength he needed to sleep after his chants.

Nrel began chanting in his native tongue. A language so old most races have forgotten the meanings of the words. As the night drew on so did his music. After a few hours his strength was almost gone and he stopped. I have done enough for now. It is time to rest. And with that he laid next to the trunk of a nearby tree to await the owner of the tavern.
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 12:03 pm

Safan woke with a resounding yawn. He felt like he had slept a week, though it had really only been the night. He ventured downstairs after freshening up. He cleaned up the bar area and it was ready for patrons. He really needed to go outside so his power could replenish. Staying inside wasn't healthy anyway, he thought.

For being so barren before, the area outside his establishment was decidedly greener today, he decided. This struck him as odd, as most of the town of Griof was characteristically filthy. It would be great for business, but that left the question of why. Old life magics could cause growth like this, as could certain elementals. For once he was more concerned about the magic. Unlike other elementals, nature elementals were decidedly peaceful. With mages, who knew?

As he went for his walk, he decided to be more cautious than usual. Being invisible would be the best thing, but that would defeat the purpose of the walk entirely, as bending light consumed energy. So he resolved to just enjoy the walk.
Back to top Go down
Nrel
New to the Game
Nrel

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 4:53 pm

As dawn came Nrel began to stir. When he was fully awake he looked around him and felt a sense of joy. The plants had began to thrive again and the areas energy felt almost restored. With this in mind he sat down for is morning meditation and let his mind search through the forest for signs of passing of what he was looking for.

When the sun was over the horizon nrel got up and decided to walk. I need to discover the owner of this place. He thought to himself.

Nrel casually explored the surrounding area and then headed for the entrance. As he turned to face the building he noticed a figure walking away. He could be who i'm searching for. he deiced and headed to meet this person.
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:16 pm

Safan realized someone was following him, and turned to question him. The man was unusual for Griof, as he looked like an ordinary elf, but who knew. Even the most ordinary people of Griof could surprise you.

"Who are you, and why are you following me?" Safan asked. Straight forward, but effective.
Back to top Go down
Nrel
New to the Game
Nrel

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:07 am

Nrel looked at the face of this stranger for the first time. "My name is Nrel. Who are you and i am looking for the owner of this building. Would that be you?"

Nrel kept an eye on this being while also listening to the surrounding world for signs of other movement.
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:16 am

Safan laughed inside a little when the elf called The Haven a building. Though technically correct, he still found it slightly humorous. He thought about lying for a moment, but decided against it. "Yes, its my establishment. What of it?" Was Safan's reply. He was ready for conflict if it came to it, but what could one lone elf do to him?
Back to top Go down
Nrel
New to the Game
Nrel

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:24 am

This small reply made nrel wonder. "I come seeking news. This seemed as likely a place as any to find tales. Also a disturbance in nature brought me here." Nrel already distrusted him and decided that soon he would leave unless something were to change.
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:31 am

"Hmmm, a disturbance in nature. I suppose that would be me. Moving that much earth would be easy to detect for certain people. So was it you that caused all the plant life to grow overnight?" Finished Safan. He wondered if the Elf was mad at him for disturbing nature. Some could be quite eccentric, that was certain.
Back to top Go down
Nrel
New to the Game
Nrel

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Nrel took this news as was. He had already guess most of it. "Yes i caused this growth. You did not kill anything with your usage so no i bear you no ill will." Nrel decided it wasnt worth any fights.

Having a goal in mind before hand he decided to ask. "I wonder, have you heard tale of any elven creatures or of any creatures bearing a named, elven made blade in these parts?"
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 3:13 pm

"Hmmm, I haven't even been open a night yet, so no, I haven't. Though, I've been thinking of turning my bar into a tavern, the name would make more sense that way. If you we're to stick around, I think that here may be the best place around to find such news." He finally finished.

Helping people usually was a priority for Safan, though it was just something he liked to do, not something he felt compelled to do. Of course, a lasting customer would be nice too, even if his place was dirt cheap to stay at.
Back to top Go down
Nrel
New to the Game
Nrel

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:44 pm

"I thank you for the offer. A place to collect information would be good until i can find a lead." Nrel spoke to him. "May i ask what your name is if i am to stay in your company."

Nrel was waiting for some sign that there was a new place to go. How he longed for the true guidance of the forest but the woods here were just not alive enough to gain what he needed.
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:42 pm

"My name is Safan." He said. "If you'll be staying in my company, I'll have to finish making the guest rooms tonight." He motioned toward The Haven. "You can come have a look inside if you want, and I'll get right to working on the rooms."

Safan started toward his establishment, and was glad to possibly have his first guest.
Back to top Go down
Nrel
New to the Game
Nrel

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:10 pm

"I wonder. Can i be of service in making a few rooms?" Nrel was always willing to help. And he needed to be on good terms with safan if he was to stay here any longer.
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:04 pm

"I suppose if you want to you can. Would you be capable of using magic to do it? I'm making rooms for all tastes, and I already know you can cause things to grow. Are you capable of affecting the shape tree's grow in?" Safan asked. He was wondering of the possibilities.
Back to top Go down
Nrel
New to the Game
Nrel

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:39 pm

This request was not to bad Nrel thought. I can help control the energy drain. He thought to himself. "I do have an affinity for nature. I will help you with your task but my only request is do not drain mother earth's energy to where she was when i came. Nrel was currious to see Safan's potential and power
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 1:33 am

Safan noted that the elf was concerned about the environment. "Ah, yes. I admit that I do occasionally draw power from the environment, but here, there is no need. I installed something that I think you will like." As he finished, he pointed the the fountain on the roof of The Haven. "It draws and stores power from the sun. Its not only very pretty at night, but it powers lights and helps fuel magic for those nearby."

After giving Nrel a moment to take that in, he continued, "I invite you to try it out yourself. It has only been working a day however, and there is not enough energy stored for anything spectacular. All you have to do is will it to help you and, with my consent, it will lend you its power. Go ahead."
Back to top Go down
Nrel
New to the Game
Nrel

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:53 pm

Nrel looked at this well. He had not opened his senses before to the energy around but now that he had he sensed its great wealth and potential. "My friend as you have said it is still young and growing. I do not want to draw upon any energy we may need. But i can feel its depths." Nrel told his new found companion.
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 12:26 pm

Safan took this as a compliment to his craft. "You'd be surprised how much energy the sun releases each day. The well will hold more energy than your body could make in a week by sundown tomorrow." Safan said while pointing his thumb back at the well, but keeping his eye's toward Nrel. Then he resumed, "I'm not the first person to use the idea, but I did come up with it on my own. It would be amazing if it were possible to have a lot of them, but they draw sunlight toward them as well as absorbing it, and more than one within about a mile would start to affect the climate." Safan finished with a sigh.

"Well, regardless, are you a drinking man? or Elf? I could use a drink myself, its already been a long day." He finished with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Kasumi Goto
New to the Game
Kasumi Goto

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 8:52 pm

Kasumi drifted into the far corner of Griof. With no where to go and nothing to do she walked along the purplish haze following her as usual. She had never been to Griof before so she was a little excited to experience a place she wouldn't have been able to go when she was alive. She had a small smile on her face to express her excitement.
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:23 pm

"Well," Safan said. "You don't see that every day." A girl with a purplish haze following at her heels like a puppy had caught his attention from about 3 meters away. He recognized some form of magic in her form, but couldn't quite place where he'd seen it before.

He asked Nrel to wait a moment, then started towards the mysterious girl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A far corner of town   A far corner of town Empty

Back to top Go down

A far corner of town
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next