Dichotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dichotomy

Species at war

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ranting/suggestions :P

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Abigail
New to the Game
Abigail

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-05-31

Ranting/suggestions :P Empty
PostSubject: Ranting/suggestions :P   Ranting/suggestions :P EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 6:06 am

1) Okay I have been looking around, and it seems to me we got a lot of awfully strong people, which has seemingly no limits to their magical/mutant abilities. That usually never ends well, so I suggest that we place limits upon what sort of magic people can do. (Fx. only two types of elemental magic, or if they can do one sort, like necromancy then obviously they won't be able to use light magic [The good sort of magic])

2) That's also to the almighty-people-with-blood-of-a-hidden-never-heard-off-and-probably-extinct-race. I think this should only be allowed with admin discretion. First thing, it’s a sue trait, and before you begin, we can't all have it, what's so special about it then if we all have it.

Second thing, all powerful exting/never heard off before races (even angels ain't all powerful), I think should really be avoided, especially if they are claimed to be from the world of Dicotomy where we so far only got the races (demons/angels/robots and cyborgs/mutants and freaks/Were's/vampires/humans/undead and spirits/beasts/elves/dragons) It is not possible, unless there are still undiscovered parts of the world, and no records of said race exists, it's simply not realistic, heck the angels and probably demons would have records of ALL races on our Earth extinct or not, considering who they work for.

That makes me go onto the third part of this segment. Impossible specie combinations. (I ain’t gonna play holy I have probably done some of them myself) But, no. Angels will not have kids with demons unless forced, and even then I think their natural affinity for magic would kill the child if they could even produce one, simply light doesn’t mix with dark that easily. Also take size/genes into considerations. Human sized/looking species could potentially create offspring with each other if they are genetically close to each other, but species the size of dragons; yeah we know what will happen if they even try doing it with a human (see that’s the one I tried until I realized how impossible it is)

3) Powers… Elemental powers, sure water and earth fit... Air and fire probably too. Water and fire… not so much, impossible mutant/freak power combinations should be avoided. That’s the first thing. The second thing, I think powers should be related if you have more than one, and there should be a limit to how many abilities one can have (possibly two or three) (could potentially be a bit higher with power mimickers)

I also think that powers should be capped, so we get more diversity when it comes to powers. (Fx. When two or more got the same ability, you cap it, so no one is allowed to pick that ability until only one person got the ability.)

And power changes, make it allowed. But with admin/mod control so people don’t just suddenly make their char all powerful. Power changes should of course be kept related to the already existing powers.

4) And this is the last thing for now. Char sheets. I think we should have an review process where a mod look through a char before accepting it allowing the player to play the game, it will allow us to avoid the all god like characters.

And rather than having one thread for all characters, what about having a board where each character has its own thread, thereby making it easier to find, than having to scroll up/down all the time. It also would allow us to lock character threads, so people can’t just change things as they please.

(yes I am willing to do the char app process if I am allowed to)

- This are just suggestions of course. I wanna hear you people's opinion on these things
Back to top Go down
Spica
Spica

Number of posts : 119
Humor : English
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Ranting/suggestions :P   Ranting/suggestions :P EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:38 am

Sounds alright to me, but the elemental powers can be looked upon as a group to themselves. I think we should have a two-type elemental cap; you can choose any two, even contradicting ones, but only two. Elementals are sort of a type unto their own, so... I don't know. I can see a division in my head, but I don't have the words for it. Both ways will conceivably work, though. Very Happy

Also, what sort of magic type would portal creating be? I've kind of been wondering this since the beginning. Spica herself is a trans-dimensional being. Very Happy So she just kind of does it. (Or anyone else that is directly descended from Abaddon.)
Back to top Go down
heru
Regular Roleplayer
heru

Number of posts : 28
Humor : None
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Ranting/suggestions :P   Ranting/suggestions :P EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:06 pm

Well, portal creation would be sorted into the category being transportation magic... It makes you move from A to B by connecting the two places through a magical line that moves you very quickly.... that's pretty much how I think of portals Razz

Lol I am okay with contradicting elemental types.... But I do think it would simply be either stupid, or weird... Since using Water magic, is totally different than using Fire magic Razz
Back to top Go down
Spica
Spica

Number of posts : 119
Humor : English
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Ranting/suggestions :P   Ranting/suggestions :P EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:40 pm

True enough, but I'm mostly thinking of people (like Safan's character) that have multiple personalities. One might be proficient at fire while the other, who knows absolutely nothing about fire magic, might be good at water magic. Normal people would need to have similar types, or at least types that are not opposing, but... well... *points* there could be special cases this way.
Also, what about the secondary elements, like lightning or ice? They're different in the way that they are controlled, but they aren't technically one of the "four natural elements". There are a number of these, like just plants or having an affinity for animals... or metals. It gets more complicated when you dig a bit deeper. Any suggestions here?
I'm thinking lightning would be fire and air, metal would be earth and fire, and ice would be water and air... the other two I have no idea about.
Back to top Go down
heru
Regular Roleplayer
heru

Number of posts : 28
Humor : None
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Ranting/suggestions :P   Ranting/suggestions :P EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 5:24 pm

Hmmm indeed... secondary elements are tricky... since lightning is simple energy, and so is fire, I would think that air would not be needed (has limited knowledge on the subject though) Metal is obvious earth and yeah probably fire, as well as plants= earth/water. Animals ain't an element, since they ain't a part of nature in the same way earth, fire or water is.

Multiple personalities could be an excuse of course, since what one have been taught would not hinder the other one. So yeah NORMAL SANE people would have to have similiar types, were as split personalities would be able to take. Razz

This actually brings something to mind... Ain't magic based freak abilities like elemental manip supposed to be weaker than a spell of same sort? Since freak wouldn't need a chanting, nor the training it takes to be able to use spells without chants.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ranting/suggestions :P   Ranting/suggestions :P Empty

Back to top Go down

Ranting/suggestions :P
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dichotomy :: OOC :: Erased Topic 1-
Jump to: