Dichotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dichotomy

Species at war

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Atra Solum

Go down 
+4
Anya
Hael
sachiel
Atalya
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Atalya
Admin
Atalya

Number of posts : 97
Humor : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 7:32 pm

So, are we wanting a change from the dark elf city to the just an elf city? Do we want to just get rid of the god-modding dark elves?
Back to top Go down
https://dicotomy.rpg-board.net
sachiel
sachiel

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 3:33 am

I vote for changing the dark elf city to normal elf city.... And if possible get rid of the dark elf's, since they are simply to strong (If they got a huge decrease in power, then I might allow them, but not as they are now)
Back to top Go down
Hael
New to the Game
Hael

Number of posts : 12
Humor : Odd
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 10:33 am

I agree with Sachiel.
Back to top Go down
Anya
Addict
Anya

Number of posts : 169
Humor : punny
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Same! But you already knew that... XD"
Back to top Go down
Atalya
Admin
Atalya

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 11:00 pm

ok then. see what i can do this sunday
Back to top Go down
Anya
Addict
Anya

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:02 pm

Hurrah! If you need help, feel free to contact me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Savvy
Regular Roleplayer
Savvy

Number of posts : 45
Humor : "Sir, I just pissed my pants, and there's nothing anyone can do about it!" -Anonymous
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:32 pm

Looks like I got here just in the nick of time. Who exactly started these lil demi-gods? Question It's obvious the chap wanted to cheat everyone out of their fun.

By the way, I have an idea for the elves! It would make them very diverse and possibly cause much more attraction to the site! (Thank you Anya for your posting about putting two different factions up in the elf city! Very Happy You're a genius!)
Back to top Go down
Anya
Addict
Anya

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 3:18 pm

Why, thank you... XD" I think so, too.
Lol.
Alright, I'll get working on it again, but I certainly wouldn't mind some help on the subject. XD" I'm really only tolerably good at making up different factions, so any suggestions are definately going to be appreciated!!
:3
Back to top Go down
Atalya
Admin
Atalya

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 11:26 pm

just give me the go ahead when u are finished tweaking it and get ready to alter the city so i can update the required reading and the profiles
Back to top Go down
Spica
Spica

Number of posts : 119
Humor : English
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 8:52 am

Yes'm! :3
Back to top Go down
Ceberus
Devoted Roleplayer
Ceberus

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 2:50 pm

We need at least five different major parts to the city, each with it's own faction leader.The person wishing to become an elf must choose between them and submit to their own unique and separate laws. A few could be Dark Elves, the way they were meant to be (Not just skin color), and a few could be regular, and one could be strictly for those elves mixed between the two!

(This is Savvy, btw) Shocked
Back to top Go down
Anya
Addict
Anya

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:02 pm

Lol. Sounds good, but a tad complicated...

Do you happen to have an AIM, Savvy? that way, it'd be easier to talk and whatnot and iron things out. Razz
Back to top Go down
Savvy
Regular Roleplayer
Savvy

Humor : "Sir, I just pissed my pants, and there's nothing anyone can do about it!" -Anonymous

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 8:24 pm

I wish. My family just got the internet and computer two years back. We aren't much of the upper class here in England, but I can make one. Tell me how, cause I really bloody don't know how. I heard a lot about it, just don't know how to make one... Embarassed

Forgive me, mates! DX
Back to top Go down
Spica
Spica

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 4:30 pm

It's fine! Don't worry about it. Razz

Lessee...
If you go to www.aol.com, a homepage will come up. If you look at the left side under "directory," "AIM" should be the second button down. Click on it. A box should pop up and ask you if you'd like to sign in. Under the box for the username, there should be a link that says "Need an account? Sign up now!" If you click on it, andother popup should come up with a thingummy to fill out. Once that's filled out, you should have an AIM. Very Happy

If you don't want to bother with it, that'd be fine. XD" Let me know if you've got problems with getting it to work, k? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Savvy
Regular Roleplayer
Savvy

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:11 pm

I have an AIM! Now, you'll get to see a pic of me if you message me, so be warned. I'm probably nothing like what you may have thought I looked like. So I won't be suprised if you're shocked, mates... Heh.
Back to top Go down
Atalya
Admin
Atalya

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Oi, off-topic posting. Keep it to the chatter box. I actually need this section for suggestions. Speaking of which, you all fixed on an idea for Atra yet?
Back to top Go down
Savvy
Regular Roleplayer
Savvy

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 11:17 pm

My apologies, milady! Embarassed I think we have a central idea for it! We're just finalizing. Are you okay with the ideas presented, Anya? You hold the final say.
Back to top Go down
Anya
Addict
Anya

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:21 am

Yeah. Just a few things to iron out.
Aorry about that, Atalya. X__X'' Got carried away.
Back to top Go down
Savvy
Regular Roleplayer
Savvy

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:46 pm

Hey mates, I would like to be one of the first people here on this sight to be converted! (As in; bitten by vampire or werewolf, magically altered at an Elven celebration, converted to the holy choirs of the angels). I think it may help out with people wanting to comeinto the sight as a human with interesting lives, and it could give the elves a little more gifts than just immortality but not making them god-like chaps. I read up on Elven lore and myth; in most stories, the elves hold a great celebration of some kind for a annual or huge event. Any non-Elf present becomes magically altered to their race but keeps a limited number of their original abilities from their former race. Also, the elves were imbued with magic in their blood, therefore it is more easily accessible and less threatening to use it, but if they chose to misuse their magical prowess and study dark tomes and convert to a dark elf, they were immediately banished and cursed to a life of dark blindness. They would forever be rejected by those pure of heart unless they were willing to change. That's how the elves stayed morally pure.

Another thing about elves is that they are always accompanied by dragons in some way; whether through being a rider and sharing a close companionship or through making them what we would call pets. Most elven lore involves dragons and reveres them as the smartest and most powerful creatures in existence.

Sorry for the history lesson. I pressumed it would clear some of the mystery behind the race and create a base to construct their ground here on Dichotomy. I promised that I was trying to help out, mates! lol. So here's some of the fruits of my labor! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Anya
Addict
Anya

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 9:49 am

Hmmm...
That could work. I've heard all of those things before, somewhere. XD"
Well... Let's see. The only problem I have with the dragons is that we already have a seperate city for them, so my thought is that the dragons would choose to be with whoever they want to be, rather than "Impressed" (as Anne McCafferey would call it), and could thereby be with ny race if the individual was deemed worthy by its companion.
Maybe the elves have a pact with the dragons, so they come in contact more often?

Also... If the "dark" elves are blasphemers, does that mean the elves underground (considered "dark" elves because of their skin) are descendants of blasphemers?
Also... do we want to set up a system of gods? I know we have God and Satan, but what about everyone else? Do they kowtow to one of these pair, or do they have their own versions?

:3 Good ideas!
Back to top Go down
Savvy
Regular Roleplayer
Savvy

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 6:51 pm

Great ideas! But where did the dark skinned elves come in? I've never really heard of that one before...

FYI: I saw Avatar, go see it! I highly recommend it! It was the best movie I've ever seen in my whole life! Go see it!
Back to top Go down
Spica
Spica

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 5:40 pm

I watched Avatar about a week ago. Very Happy Great movie.

Oh! the dark elves are what are called"drow" from a series of books called the Forgotten Realms. They aren't typically considered "canon" creatures, but in some versions of the roleplaying game Dungeons and Dragons, you're actually allowed to be one, so I suppose somebody up there says it's okay. *shrugs*

They're actually one of my favorite types of elves. They have infrared vision and use alot of battle-based magics. On the other hand, in the Forgotten Realms, they aren't nice people. They serve a goddess they call "Lolth, the Spider Queen," and she's anything but kind. There's alot of infighting among the dark elves and they never come aboveground. When fighting against each other or against the few races that also live belowground, they have a race of goblins called "kobolds" they use as fodder.

The drow are extremely sophisticated. Very Happy They also have a matrarchial society, which I thought was awesome. I can explain more, but it's probably easier to look them up. XD"
Back to top Go down
Ceberus
Devoted Roleplayer
Ceberus

Number of posts : 65

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:26 pm

Interesting, mate, very interesting. I am going to have to look this whole sort up and see what it's about! But I am more enlightened now, I thank you. Very Happy So this should make an interesting twist to our homegrown dark Elves here in Dichotomy, and I say that's how they should be made!

So let's get the ideas straight, we have at least four subfactions for the elves, half regular and half dark. We could add another small faction of mixed to spice things up. And our dark elves are the description you gave us up there. I say this is abloody plan! Let's do this! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Anya
Addict
Anya

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:14 pm

Alright! I'd still like to hammer this out. I will try to be on both Dichotomy and AIM tomorrow around twoish my time... or after nine. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sheth
New to the Game
Sheth

Number of posts : 13

Atra Solum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atra Solum   Atra Solum EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:31 pm

Alright! I will be on! I swear it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Atra Solum Empty